Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of John Napier
John Napier lived from 1550 to 1617. He was born on March 1st in 1550 in Merchiston Castle in Edinburgh, Scotland. He died at the age of 67.
3 hostoric world events during his life.
1550: Mercury was discovered in Peru. 1556,Feb. 2: The worst earthquake in history devastated china's shanxi province, killing 830,000. 1555: The first Aztec dictionary was published. 1561: A great hurricane ravaged Mexico's yucatan peninsula.
John Napier went to the University of St. Andrews at age 13. He continued to go to different universities in the low countries and in France and in Italy.
Marital and family status.
John Napier married Elizabeth Stirling in 1572 at the age of 22. John and Elizabeth had 2 kids but Elizabeth died in 1579 and Napier married Agnes Chisholm and they had 10 kids together.
John Napier was a mathematician, which is what he is most famously known as. But, he also was a Physicist ( a person that studies physics) and a Astrologer.
3 contributions to mathematics
1) Napier's first contribution to math was that he advanced the concept of decimal fraction.
2) Napier then created a system known as " Napiers Rods ( or Napier's Bones ) "
3) John Napier's most famous for his creation: Logarithm.
2 interesting events
1: He advocated the use of manure and common salt for the improvement of the soil.
2: He created the Logarithms, which is what he is most likly known for to most people