Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Obesity
A lack of energy balance most often causes overweight and obesity.
An inactive lifestyle
Poor food choices
It was discovered by Hippocrates, a famous Greek physician, through prognosis and various treatments. He named obesity as a disease between 460 B.C. - 370 B.C.
For adults 20 or older, more than two-thirds (68.8 percent) of adults are considered to be overweight or obese.
More than 1 in 6 children and adolescents ages 6 to 19 are considered to be obese.
Nearly one in five US deaths is associated with obesity.
Eat healthy meals and snacks!!
Monitor your weight
Avoid food traps and/or temptations!!!
Who is infected?
The Baby Boomer age group (45 to 64 yrs old) is mostly infected by this disease.
Unfortunately, it's common to regain weight no matter what obesity treatment methods you try. But that doesn't mean your weight-loss efforts are futile. One of the best ways to prevent regaining the weight you've lost is getting regular physical activity. Aim for 200 to 300 minutes a week.
Pain in the back of joints
Insomnia (inability to sleep)
Symptoms and Treatments