Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Getting to Yes- Chapter 5
Transcript of Getting to Yes- Chapter 5
1) Create alternatives before hand!!
2) Are they applicable to your case? Developing Objective Criteria Fair ie. Cake and Kids Fair Negotiating with Objective Criteria Ask "What's your theory?" How to use Reason & be open to reason Using objective criteria can create stable, concrete, and fundamentally strong ideas that will lead to negotiating success! Take Kelli Moore
11/12/12 Reach a solution based on principle-not pressure
Agreement based on precedent is less vulnerable to attack
Dominance is eliminated
Reducing number of commitments that negotiators must make and then unmake
Makes for more efficient negotiations
Neither party looks weak Market Value
Costs 1. Frame each issue as a joint search for objective criteria.
2. Reason and be open to reason as to which standards are most appropriate and how they
should be applied.
3. Never yield to pressure, only to principle.
In short, focus on objective criteria firmly but flexibly. be open to reasoned persuasion on merits Insist on Using Objective Criteria TO YES Topic: Positional Bargaining
Will against will yields no success
Rather than risk, negotiate some basis of objective criteria willing and unwilling CHAPTER FIVE What a court would decide
Reciprocity Independent of will Legitimate and practical Standards Procedures Mediation or Arbitration Agree first on principles SIMPLE! & Never yield to pressure combination of openness to reason with insistence of using objective criteria seeking appropriate principles for a matter and using principles as an argument are DIFFERENT Get them to state their
reasoning Suggest objective criteria you think apply Refuse to budge except on this basis. Away