Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Black Death AP
Transcript of Black Death AP
Disease the swept through Europe in the Middle Ages between 1347-1351
Killed 1/3 of Europe's population
Areas with the plague
Rats living on the trade ships helped spread the plague.
The plague started in Italy which was the center of European trade
A groups of extreme Catholics who whipped themselves to make up for their sins
Many people believed that the plague was God punishing them for their sins.
The End of Manorialism & Serfdom
Serfs left manor to fill job vacancies
Peasants demanded higher wages which the rich resisted but gave in
Deaths in cities caused job vacancies
Movement into the cities to fill jobs made the manor obsolete
Jews were blamed, tortured, and burned.
Where the infection started
Mongols flung infected corpses in the city during a siege
Came along the Silk Road
Italian traders fled the city taking the plague with them