Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Symbols and metaphors used in Gothic Literature
Transcript of Symbols and metaphors used in Gothic Literature
Symbols and metaphors within Gothic Literature
by Jesse Brown & Emily Cait Fox
Company of wolves- Angela Carter
use of Colours to suggest abstract ideas
'the eyes of wolves shine like candlelight, yellowish, reddish' - Danger
'she'd worn black for him'
'her grandmother knittted her a red shawl...the ominous look of read blood on snow'
'he flashed his white teeth'
'devastating eyes as red as a wound'
'coat of forest- coloured cloth'
'his skin is the colour and texture of vellum'
'a flurry of snow that melted like tears on the tiles'
'the forest closed upon her like a pair of jaws'
the hinge of the year
SMOOTH ME MIND
Wall of smoothness