Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Jean Baudrillard's object value system
Transcript of Jean Baudrillard's object value system
1. A pen is capable of writing.
2. Glasses are used to increase vision.
Functional Value An object gains value when it can be used in relation to another subject.
1. A pen can symbolize education.
2. Glasses can symbolize wisdom.
Symbolic Value An object gains value when it is used within a system of objects.
1. One pen may have more prestige than another pen.
2. Wine may suggest social values such as class or taste. Sign Value Exchange Value An object gains value due to it's economic importance.
1. A pen may be worth 4 pencils.
2. Glasses may be worth a weeks salary.