Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
DSP day 1
Transcript of DSP day 1
your duty as a professional
1. Study Plan
2. Self-Care Plan
3. Business Plan
4. Research Paper/Presentation What is DSP? Study Planning Group Feedback * What was one significant revelation I have of myself, as a learner, as I begin my student life as a student at OSTM?
* What is the most challenging part of learning or studying for me as a student now that I have begun this program?
* What strategies have I implemented so far that have made a difference in my learning confidence?
* Any ways Student Services can help at this point in your program? Directive Studies Project... DSP-Day 1 Presented by:
William Hammel, M.Ed.
Director of Student Services Parking Lot 1 2 3 4 Time Management Chart... What is 7 x 24????? Academic Success Plan 1. Has anything changed after your first week?
2. What has changed?
3. What are some new strategies you plan to use? How is DSP Graded?
-25% Study Plan
-25% Self-Care Plan
-25% Research Paper/Presentation Hand out syllabus 168 Step 1: Research Proposal Form
Step 2: Possible topics???
Step 3: Proposal form due by 2ND DSP class
Step 4: Paper + Presentation due on last two
days of DSP. Teacher will assign
days to students. Research Paper/Presentation 1.Number of hours of sleep each night x 7 =__________
2.Number of grooming hours per day x 7 = __________
3.Number of hours for meals/snacks per day – include preparation
time x 7 = __________
4.Total travel time to school and work weekdays x 5 =__________
5.Total travel time to school and work on weekends __________
6.Number of hours per week in school (averaged)
(Day FT: 38.5; Day PT: 17.5) 7.Number of hours per week for regularly scheduled activities (include travel time) ________
b.Church or spiritual pursuits
8.Number of hours per day for chores, errands, grocery shopping, exercise, etc. x 7 = _______
9.Number of hours of work per week _______
10.Number of hours per week socializing, dates, phone calls, etc. Be honest! _______
11.Now add up the totals: __________
12.Subtract line 11 from 168 - _______ =
The boxed number is the hours you have allowed yourself for studying! Class | 6Month | 12 Month |
Science | 5 | Semester 1:5 |
Hands-on | 5 | Semester 2: 5 |
1. Science Classes _____ X3 hrs= _____
2. Hands-on Classes _____ x2 hrs = _____ add both lines together
3. Total number of hours needed to study per week = _________ 24/7 Planner 1. Day-to-day
2. Using your text book
3. Preparing for an exam
4. Exam day Tips for effective studying...