Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Conditions for Learning
Transcript of Conditions for Learning
Learners who lose the ability to make decisions are "depowered." Learners need time and opportunity to use, employ, and practice their developing control in functional, realistic, non-artificial ways. Learners must be free to approximate the desired model- "mistakes" are essential for learning to occur. Learners must receive "feedback" from exchanges with more knowledgeable "others."
Response must be relevant, appropriate, timely, readily available, non-threatening, with no strings attached. Occurs when the learner is convinced that:
1. I am a potential "doer" or "performer" of these demonstrations I'm obeserving
2. Engaging with these demonstrations will further the purposes of my life.
3. I can engage and try to emulate without fear of physical or psychological hurt if my attempt is not fully "correct." Probability of engagement is increased if these conditions are also optimally present. "Helping learners to make these decisions constitutes the 'artistic' dimensions of teaching. It is difficult for teachers who dislike children." - Brian Cambourne