Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Unzipped
It is recommended that you carry no more than 10-15 pounds in your backpack.
Students your age carry up to 25% of their body weight in their backpacks
Increased back pain and injuries
Misuse of backpacks NOW leads to health problems later
53% of you said you were not confident in your ability to properly pack your backpack.
What About You?
Only 1 out of 3 of you said you have been taught to properly pack your backpacks.
Why is a healthy back important?
Packing for Success Activity
pack heavy items at the bottom
use separate compartments
place flat items against your back
place pointed/oddly shaped objects away from your body
What do I need?
Where do I pack the items that I need?
What we covered
backpack safety ...what we know
importance of a healthy back
what you told us
packing for success
Survey & Handouts
Focus on Packing
Packing for Success Activities
What does 10 pounds feel like?