Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Articles of Confederation v. Constitution
Transcript of Articles of Confederation v. Constitution
Articles of Confederation
First government in the former colonies
The Union was in Danger
How does the Constitution fix these deficiencies?
Sets up a federal system
Constitutional Convention 1787
Accomplishments of the Confederation Congress
Won the Revolutionary War
Gives national government the power to act upon the people
Sets up Three Branches
with separation of powers and
checks and balances.
To make the Constitution required a series of Compromises...take note of them all...
Rejected a unitary system
Equal votes per state
Laws required 9 of 13 states to pass
Amendments required unanimity
Central Congress had no power to enforce any laws passed (including taxes)
Northwest Ordinance of 1787
Limited national government TOO much
Treaty of Paris 1783
Historians call this
"The Critical Period"
Provides a variety of limits on power