Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of FOOD
Jok: - Thai Rice Porridge with shredded ginger and shrimp
-similar to the porridge eaten in China
- It's a dish that is typically eaten in the household
Food Around Asia
Thai fried Rice - This dish includes vegetables, chicken or shrimp, and plenty of spring onions to top it off
- It sometimes may contain basil
- It is a common Thai dish
National Dish: Pad Thai
Canh Chua Ca (Hot and Sour Soup) - consists of tofu, pork, rice, bamboo shoots, and ginger
- Said to be very good for relieving colds.
- it contains a lot of spices
- Ginger is a commonly used ingredient in relieving colds
Spring Rolls - Thin rice paper wrapped with , shrimp, lettuce, cilantro and hoisin sauce
- Can either be fried or raw
- It can sometimes be called Summer Rolls
Lemongrass Chicken Soup - Consists of a lot of the herb lemongrass, chicken, veggies and a spice called sambal.
- Lemongrass is a common ingredient used in many Thai dishes
- Rice may sometimes by added
The type of food depends on culture and religion:
North - Roti (wheat bread)
South - Rice
-Typical Indian meals are really spicy because of the various spices that are used.
-Most of the meals are vegetarian, usually for religious reason.
- grilled chicken marinated with lemongrass, salt, pepper, calamansi, garlic and achuete oil
- It is usually served with garlic rice
- The chicken is cooked on skewers
Consists of many tropical fruits such as:
Pancit Habhab/Canton - This is a noodle dish that is usually slurped.
-Consists of carrots among other veggies, chayote, and chicken or shrimp.
- Usually served on a banana leaf
- Rice noodles with onions and any type of protein in a delicious broth
- The broth consists of many spices, to create a tangy flavor
- Now, Pho has become a popular dish around the world
Dosas - thin crepes made of lentils
Idlis - Steamed rice-dough pancakes
Served with different dips and chutneys (spices)
Xoi (sticky rice)-
- a breakfast dish that is often mixed with either egg or meat rolls
- rice is very common in breakfast, as well as lunch and dinner
- duck meat can be an alternative
- A typical everyday dish eaten by all Filipinos will usually consist of rice with fish/seafood, and lots of veggies, and tropical fruit for dessert.
- The Philippines has good access to seafood and consume a lot of it.
- Many dishes are influenced by Spanish cuisine
- Spicy chicken full of flavor
- Usually eaten beside rice or with bread
- This dish is typically enjoyed by Westerners
By Michelle Yan and Nathalie Karam
Asian cuisine has many different kinds of dishes. Each country, typically has an important ingredient that is commonly used in their dishes. In Vietnam, an important ingredient in their meals is ginger. While it can be used as a spice, it can also be used as medicine. It is important to learn about the different styles and tastes each country has. In India, their dishes are mostly vegetarian because of the majority population of Hindus. Their food also contains many different spices which satisfies their tradition of eating spicy food. It is important for people to learn about another country's food because it can reveal a lot about a country's culture and values. Knowing about their traditions also contribute to people's cultural understanding of the country.