Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Luck by Mark Twain
Transcript of Luck by Mark Twain
Phoebe Nguyen and Jilly Turnbull Period 4
Due: October 2012 Luck A Brief Summary - Starts in a banquet to commemorate an army officer hero
- The man is a lucky imbecile who enlisted in army with no knowledge of world
- Made many mistakes = revelations of genius
- Became Colonel during Crimean War
- He led his troops the wrong direction after being ordered to retreat
- Instead took the opposing army by surprise and the troops could cit through the war front
- Became a high-ranking officer who used luck to triumph his idiocy A. Briefly describe the synopsis of the story. B. What message is the author trying to convey in this story? In other words what is the significant theme? Explain why. Idiocy is nothing.
Hard work and talent are neither necessary nor sufficient for success. They are failed many times. It just helps to be talented and hard-working. But Luck plays a large role in it. D. Why is the story so important that it might be included in your textbook? Because it teaches you a life lesson. The lesson being, you should worry about your accomplishments rather than other people. F. Explain why the short story is effective or not effective. I found that this story is quite effective in the sense that it conveys its message that people should not be judged based on their status but should be judged by the content of their character. Phoebe Jilly Paul So we gave this a bit of thought... Discussion Questions 1.) What role does luck play in a person’s success?
2.) What do you think would be the advantages of being intelligent and unintelligent?
3.) Do people need to be lucky to be successful or can hard work and intellect alone make you successful?
4.) Would you rather be a good person or a lucky person? Themes: Intelligence and Idiocy Luck Thank you! =