Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Safe and Civil School
Transcript of Safe and Civil School
AND SCHOOL SETTINGS.
T-TEACHING STUDENT HOW TO BEHAVE RESPONSIBLY I ALL SETTINGS
O-OBSERVING STUDENT BEHAVIOR AND COLLECT AND ANALYZE BEHAVIOR DATA
I- INTERACTING POSITIVELY BY DELIVERING FREQUENT NON-CONTINGENT ATTENTION,POSITIVE RELATIONSHIPS WITH ALL STUDENTS
C-CORRECTING IRRESPONSIBLE BEHAVIOR--FLUENTLY STOIC-someone respected and admired for
patience and endurance in the face of
adversity. 1. Assume that the behavior you see is all you can expect.
2. Still overly rely on emotional and/or punitive techniques.
3. Have a rosy view of universal safety and climate.
4. Believe that "this to shall pass." 4 Gaps that undermine STOIC 1. Developing, adopting and implementing written policies for student and staff
2. Teaching effective supervision skills to all staff
3. Developing "Guidelines for Success"
4. Developing and adopting a 3-level system of behavior management
Teacher handled vs. Admin handled????
5. Defining and adopting school-wide staff beliefs regarding behavior management and discipline.
6. Creating a positive environment and recognize appropriate staff and student behavior. 6 Major Components of School Wide Foundations reduction of office referrals, suspensions, referrals to special ed, truancy,tardiness, classroom disruptions,
arrests and expulsions
~improved school safety
~more inviting school
~improved average daily attendance(students & staff
~improved student motivation=success
~increased academic achievement Establishing a
Environment Penny Activity