Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
MUSIC OF THE VISAYAS REGION
Transcript of MUSIC OF THE VISAYAS REGION
Here are example of Visayan folk songs:
*Children's song- Ilo nga Bata *Drinking song- Condansoy
*Working song - Si Pilemon *Epic song - Kandu
*Serenade song - Matud Nila *Debate song - Balitaw
*Nonsense song- Pakitong-kitong
Pinalangga Ko is a children's song that tells of how the child is loved and well-taken care of by his parents. VISAYAS MUSIC The Visayas region is situated between the islands of Luzon and Mindanao. Well-known provinces in this region include Iloilo, Cebu, Negros Occidental/Oriental, Samar, Leyte and Bohol.
It is the home to some of the Philippines' best singers like Pilita Corales, Dulce, and Sheryn Regis. Most Visayan songs or music are written in duple or triple meter with a simple melody that is easy to sing. One of the most popular musical styles in the Visayan region is the balitaw. The balitaw is a song-and-dance debate between a man and a woman that deals with topics about love and marriage.
In the Negros province, the Managsaon is a very popular music. It is a kind of fresh epic where two groups of singers sing in a chanting manner using the call-response style. Here are kinds of Managsaon music:
1. dagyon- Christmas song
2. portino- farie's sacred song
3. sinulog- street dancing
4. dinoplop- song for dance MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS from the VISAYAS REGION The Visayans are also known to be very skilled musicians. They are not only good singers but also good instrumentalists.Below are some common musical instruments found in the region.
Tugo is a cylindrical double-headed drum.
Guimbal is a single-headed cylindrical drum.
Buktot is a four-stringed guitar with a coconut shell as a resonator.
Litguit is a two-stringed type of violin. 3. AEROPHONES
Lantoy is a Visayan clarinet with 4-6 holes
Pasiyak is a water whistle that looks like a piper.
Pasiyok is made from a section of rice stalk.
Tulali is a vertical flute with six-finger holes.
Koratong is a hollow-split log of a bamboo with nodes on both ends. The Visayas region is one of the most beautiful regions to visit in the Philippines. Exciting events like the Ati-atihan festival and the Sinulog festival are well-attended by tourists and members of the community. Scenic places like Boracay, Chocolate Hills of Bohol, and the Magellan's cross in Cebu are often visited by tourists and Filipinos alike. TUGO BUKTOT LANTOY PASIYOK KORATONG TULALI PASIYAK LITGUIT MUSIC OF