Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of La Sorbonne
It was a college for theology students without money.
Located in Paris, France. History of La Sorbonne Has one of the biggest libraries in france.
known as the University of Paris.
It was divided into 13 different schools.
Fun Facts: The chapel is all that is left of the original college.
rebuilt in the 17th century by Cardinal Richelieu.
His tomb is located in the church. More Fun Facts: The founder Robert de Sorbon was born on October 9, 1201 and died August 15, 1274
He was the chaplin of Louis IX of France.
He was later appointed as the canon of Paris, and as the king's confessor.
The library in the University of Reims is named after him.
Robert de Sorbon The University has closed 3 times in history.
The first time it closed was in 1229, because a student riot broke out, and resulted in deaths.
The second was in 1940, due to the invasion by the general army.
The last time was in 1968. Students of the University protested against the university and it's restrictions. Problems in the University http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Paris_strike_of_1229