Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Background
controls the future. Marxist Lens 1984
George Orwell 1. What Social Classes are represented in this story? Marxist Lens Main Questions:
1. What social classes are represented?
2. How are the classes divided?
3. Who has the power/money? Who does not? 4. Whose side are we supposed to be on?
5. does the story show capitalism, competition, and materialism as good things or does it criticize them?
6. Does the story suggest in some way the need for the lower classes to unite against oppression? In 1984, there are 3 main classes:
The Inner Proles,
The Outer Party,
The Proles. 2. How are the classe divided? http://www.netcharles.com/orwell/articles/1984-background-info.htm