Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of School Systems
Enables educators to instruct and intervene using research-based approaches using regular ongoing student assessment A relationship between the school and community to achieve the goal of helping students and their families find the resources necessary for support and assistance. The partnership is based on cooperation and responsibility to achieve this goal. "Every school should be a model home, a complete community actively developing future compassionate citizens capable of creating, leading and contributing to the kind of democratic communities - in which we all long to live." Helping Traumatized Children Learn Six Key Elements 1) School-wide infrastructure and culture
2) Staff training
3) Linking with mental health professionals
4) Academic Instruction
5) Non-academic Strategies
6) School-Policies, procedures and protocols Response to Intervention & Positive Behavior Supports After learning about Adverse Childhood Experiences;
Do these two models address your needs in dealing with traumatized children?
- school districts
-policies and procedures
What do you find most useful about the RTI and PBIS model? Stepping inside the mind and heart of a traumatized child Adverse Childhood Experiences & Education An estimated 25% of children in the Nation will witness or experience a traumatic event before 4.
40% of children and youth had experienced four or more traumatic events. They are more likely to be diagnosed with PTSD, ADD, ADHD, depression, and ODD.
Children exposed to traumatic events are more likely to; miss school, greater behavior problems, more likely to abuse alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, and were more likely to have attempted suicide.
Children who experience traumatic events are less likely to purse an education beyond a high school diploma. Describe your experiences with traumatized children?