Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Culture of Saudi Arabia
Transcript of Culture of Saudi Arabia
My interviewee is Mustafa.
He comes from eastern region of Saudi Arabia.
So, today I'll talk about limited eastern cultures in Saudi Arabia.
1. What is your religion in Saudi Arabia?
1. How is love relationship between men and women in Saudi Arabia?
1. What is the most important festival in your country?
2. Are there any taboos in your religion?
3. How often do Muslim believers go to the mosque to pray?
Muslim is the biggest and unique religion in SDA.
Eat gelatin-containing foods.
Show their hair, neck, arm and leg in public places.
Go outside without scafs and veils.
Work in public places.
Five times a day. ( So all the service workers are male. )
2. What is special about the wedding day?
The parents' duty to find a suitable marriage partner for their children.
A big party will be held. Saudi Arabian call it engagement day.
Celebrate the lovely ceremony.
The first meeting for the boy and the girl.
After that day, they can start to make a formal date.
About six months to get along with each other.
Pay at least
eight to ten thousand dollars
a new house
for the girl.
Two marriage halls.
One is for all the men and another is for all the women at the same time.
And then, the only bridegroom comes to the women hall.
Finally, in the officiating minister's witness, following the wedding vows, the couple exchange rings. It's very interesting.
2. How do you celebrate the festival?
From dawn until sunset
People has been banned eating, drinking, saying bad words, doing sexual activity and doing all evil habits
patients, pregnant women, breastfeeding women and young children.
Ramadan let people feel the same experience of the poor, thank God for the help and practice self-control.
A Festival of the Fast-Breaking Ceremony
in the mosque.
All Muslim people dressed new clothes.
After praying, every family will
gather to have a family dinner party
let off fireworks
pay respect to their elders
during the Ramadan holiday, they should
kiss their back hand and head
Lucky money maybe
5 to 10 dollars
is the most important traditional festival in Saudi Arabia. The festival last for
a month every year
and all Muslim believers observe this
as a month of fasting