Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Food Cosmopolitanisms
By Ellen Parker " 'Mobility' is not just the actual act of travel or displacement" p. 172 The "mixed history" of the Anzac Biscuits demonstrates the modality of food. (p. 172) Metaphorization where "places are imagined
almost entirely in terms of food and its
consumption" (p. 172-173). Food driven
cosmopolitanization Food mobility is associated with class wealth and power(p 173). There is a tension with food cosmopolitanism of the exotic and the familiar (p. 174). "Cultural food colonialism" is a term that actively promotes hybridization, collage, and mizing of flavours" (p. 175).