Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
knowledge management (APPLE INC.)
Transcript of knowledge management (APPLE INC.)
eg : Professionals in company such as
Intel, National Semiconductor, and Hewlett Packard voluntary resigned as their position in order to be employees in Apple because they saw Apple had something different to offer.
BACKGROUND OF APPLE INC.
- founded in 1976 by Steven P. Jobs
and Steve Wozniak
- designs, manufactures, and markets
personal computers, software,
networking solutions, music
players and mobile phones.
1) SYSTEM THINKING
A way to understand the whole systems or problems
^ People, rules (structure)
^ Processes that determine the
advancement of organisation
2) Personal Mastery
Holding creative tension
eg : Steve addressed by encouraging managers to set his staff challenging but reasonable goals, and introducing training programmes
3) Mental models
Willingness to learn
Adapt to new concept
Faster than competitors
Apple has changed its production, rather than producing computer, now it produces consumer electronics
ORGANIZATIONAL LEARNING IMPLEMENT IN APPLE
- Apple used Senge's Five Disciplines
to examine its organizational learning
1) System thinking
2) Personal Mastery
3) Mental model
4) Building shared vision
5) Team learning
4) Building Shared
5) Team Learning
" Process of aligning and developing the capacity of team to create the results is member truly desire."
Steve is transformational leader as he is able to direct his team to make something that logically impossible
PHASE 2 – KM SYSTEM , DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
1) KNOWLEDGE AUDIT & ANALYSIS
* In this step, they audit and analyze knowledge, but first they must understand why a knowledge audit is needed.
2) DESIGN KM TEAM
* The form of KM team that will design, build, implement, and deploy the company's KM system.
3) CREATE KM BLUEPRINT & DEVELOP SYSTEM
* Blueprint as reference or benchmark on what they have to achieve.
PHASE 3 - DEPLOYMENT
1) Deploying system using methodology incremental handling of results (RDI).
> It involves the selection and implementation of employees to precede the introduction of a full-fledged KM system.
2) The change of management, culture and structure.
> Apple, they just need to adapt with the change of leadership only after Steve Jobs died.
KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT TOOLS USED BY APPLE
1) Data Warehouse
There it is validated, reformatted, reorganized, summarized, restructured, and supplemented with data from other sources.
2) Company Intranet
It is omputer network that uses Internet Protocol technology to share information, operational systems or computing services within an organization.
3) Expert System
Powerful technology and designed to solve complex problems of the organization.
KNOWLEDGE MENAGEMENT IMPLEMENTATION IN APPLE INC.
1) Collaborative Strategy
- In 2006, Apple collaborated with Motorola in producing a device named ROKR.
2) Machine to Mind
- Innovation, new ideas and exploiting intellectual strength.
3) Flexibility and Stability
- Able to be adjusted in accordance
to business situation scenario.
* Apple has changed the game for technical companies, customers are soaking up their products and competitors are struggling to quickly copy the features of Apple products.
* Apple be broken up into the following product categories which are computers.
MP35 and smart phones and each of these products categories have their own significant impact.
* Enhancing the organization intelligence by creating system that enable the employees and employers to improve their work processes (leveraging knowledge)
implement the hybrid strategy which is integrated by cost leadership and differentiation strategy.
Establish a close relationship with the governmental and education organizations which can constitute the major source of profit in global market
Apple should organize more campaigns such as ‘The Switchers’ campaign.
- highlights on customer-focused services strategy and aggressive advertising strategy
thank you ;)