Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Sports Development
Where did Sports Development come from?
Where did SD come from?
'The Wolfenden Report (1960)'
Why do you think the development of sport was important to the Government and the country?
Identify the 4 stages of the SD Continuum
“The provision of more and better quality opportunities for people, irrespective of age, gender or level of ability/disability, to access sport”
'Sport in the Community'
Primary School Children
Basic Skills (Catching, Passing, Throwing)
Emphasis on fun and enjoyment
Hard to define - participants of all ages and types
Schemes focus on community participation
Target those that DO NOT do ANY activity
Improvement through regular practice & competition
Example - trials, academy, sponsorship to train
Local schemes to identify players who could gain representative honours or move to the next level
National & International
Competing professionally or at World Championship level
UK Sport - World Class Programme
How much do you pay to go swimming?
Does this reflect the true cost?