Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
the Progressive Age
Transcript of the Progressive Age
Progressive Era 1890-1920
The Government as a tool for change.
3. Progressive Reformer
The Presidency of T.R.
What was the square deal?
1. What does democracy mean to you?
2. How can you participate in a democracy?
Social & Political
Progressivism began as a
movement and grew into a
The early progressives rejected Social Darwinism.
...in other words, progressives
who believed that the problems society faced
(poverty, violence, greed, racism, class warfare)
What's the difference between a
social and a political movement?
Progressivism is the term applied to a variety of responses to the economic and social problems rapid industrialization introduced to America.
1. Women's Suffrage
2. Child Labor
3. Industrialization (Big Business/Trusts)
DID YOU COME UP WITH THE CORRECT ANSWERS?
4. Urbanization (sanitation/crime/crowded)
5. Work Safety (profits over employee health)
6. Labor Rights/Food Safety
(The Jungle by Upton Sinclair)
Are there others?
Wait a second, what is Social
Progressives lived mainly in the cities,
were college educated, and believed that government could be a tool for change.
...could best be addressed by providing
, and an
Teddy Roosevelt - President