Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
the Progressive Age
Transcript of the Progressive Age
Progressive Era 1890-1920
The Government as a tool for change.
3. Progressive Reformer
The Presidency of T.R.
What was the square deal?
1. What does democracy mean to you?
2. How can you participate in a democracy?
Social & Political
Progressivism began as a
movement and grew into a
The early progressives rejected Social Darwinism.
...in other words, progressives
who believed that the problems society faced
(poverty, violence, greed, racism, class warfare)
What's the difference between a
social and a political movement?
Progressivism is the term applied to a variety of responses to the economic and social problems rapid industrialization introduced to America.
1. Women's Suffrage
2. Child Labor
3. Industrialization (Big Business/Trusts)
DID YOU COME UP WITH THE CORRECT ANSWERS?
4. Urbanization (sanitation/crime/crowded)
5. Work Safety (profits over employee health)
6. Labor Rights/Food Safety
(The Jungle by Upton Sinclair)
Are there others?
Wait a second, what is Social
Progressives lived mainly in the cities,
were college educated, and believed that government could be a tool for change.
...could best be addressed by providing
, and an
Teddy Roosevelt - President