Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Communication Skills
What makes a good
Roommates & suitemates
New and old friends
Navigating changing family relationships
Professors & TAs
Classmates- group projects
What situations might you have to deal with this semester in which effective communication is crucial?
of what we
- body language
Remembering vs. Forgetting
* How Recent
* How Frequent
* The Impact
* 50% of what we hear
* 75% within two months
* Of the 25% left, only 60% is correct plus things that weren't there!
Good listening skills
Effective written Communication
Use the "power pose" to your advantage!
Figure 4 sitting down
Also think about vocal elements:
What impact do you think cell phones and social media have on our communication skills?
... pretty important in college!
What is a weasel word?
How does this apply to your schoolwork?
fMRI= a brain scanning technique
* Women listen with both sides of their brain. Men listen with just their left!
How can we be better communicators?
The most expressive part of your body!
* Put these into practice! *