Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Atomic Structure Timeline
Transcript of Atomic Structure Timeline
late 1890s - early 1900s
(cc) image by jantik on Flickr
384 – 322 BC
Matter is continuous
460 – 370 BC
Elements are made of tiny particles called Atomos
Dalton's Atomic Theory
first half of 1900s
Landmark Experiments That Changed the World
JJ Thomson’s cathode-ray tube experiment
Millikan’s oil drop experiment
Rutherford’s gold foil experiment
Quantum View of the Atom
Each Element is made of tiny indivisible particles called “atoms”
Atoms of a given element is identical
Compounds are form when atoms of different element combine
Chemical reactions are simply rearrangement of the atoms (the atoms are not change in the reaction)
For more detailed presention on this topic, please see the prezi presention titled "Quantum View of the Atom"