Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Moving Towards a Learning Commons
Transcript of Moving Towards a Learning Commons
• Library open and staffed entire school day
• Wide variety of resources available
• Student ownership encouraged - Read posters – Collection input from students
• Flexible scheduling and multiple areas available on a sign up basis
• Computer labs and library joined
• Attractive welcoming environment with attention-grabbing displays Different configurations of work spaces/seating areas Comfortable seating areas • Wireless connection throughout library/school
• Use of electronic devices in library encouraged
• School/Library website provides access to online resources and use of Web 2.0 tools (blogs – wikis) encouraged
• 24/7 access to school resources and students’ own files
• Easy access to school computers in library
• Dedicated search computers in the library
• All libraries in the district, local public library and regional library system connected to allow sharing of resources
• An information literacy course offered to all students
• “Research Tips” mini-lessons for each grade level/subject area to maintain research skills
• Pathfinders for curriculum topics available online
• Continuous reaching out to colleagues at every opportunity to encourage collaboration – email, staff meeting presentations, PD sessions
• Distant Learning students supervised in the library
• Best of the Best fiction and non-fiction reading lists for each grade
• Reading Promotions