Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Untitled Prezi
Excelling in 6th grade math!
As a student you are expected to…
1. Be punctual and prepared.
Bring all materials to class, be seated and ready to work, turn in work on time.
2. Be positive and persistent.
Be helpful and keep trying, be responsible for your own learning, know your strong and weak areas, ask questions, participate and KEEP TRYING!!!
3. Be patient and polite.
Stay in your seat during instruction, raise your hand and wait your turn, get permission before touching other people's things, give your full attention during instruction or presentations.
4. Speak intelligently! Speak the language of mathematics!
1. No food, gum, candies, or drinks are allowed in the classroom unless I provide them.
2. Bring materials to class everyday!
3. All math work and tests are to be done in PENCIL. (-10 if in Pen)
4. Answer all questions in complete sentences and show your work!
5. Do not remove items from the teacher’s desk without permission.
6. Students will have assigned seats and are required to sit where they are assigned.
7. Students must raise their hand to be acknowledged.
8. Be respectful to adults and peers!
9. Abide by the voice code!
Green- Inside Voice
EXPECTATIONS IN THE CLASSROOM: NON-NEGOTIABLE
Students are to report to class everyday and complete the following:
1.Sharpen their pencils.
2. Sit down in assigned seats.
3. Begin and complete “Math Warm-Up” to the best of your ability individually or with your group in the warm-up section of your math notebook using complete sentences and showing ALL work.
4. Raise your hand to be graded after you have completed warm-up.
5. Take out any homework from the previous night.
6. Sit quietly and wait for further instructions from teacher.
Math Folder- (2) 3-pronged folders
2 dividers labeled notes and warm-ups
Notebook Paper (College Rule or Wide Ruler)
Pack of #2 Pencils
Individual Pencil Sharpener
Calculator, if needed
Everyday Class Supplies
1. Syllabus (guidelines, procedures, expectations, consequences, grading scale, teacher availability and contact, etc.)
3. Notes-Dated and Titled
4. Important Handouts, Charts, etc..
* Classwork will be given and completed in class- individually, partner, or group
* Homework Assignments will be given daily and graded-in class or by teacher- must show work and/or answer questions in complete sentences.
*Homework Assignments should be dated along with page number and numbered problems.
*Make up Work- due before the end of the nine weeks.
* All assignments will be collected placed in assignment folders on the back table in your correct period folder.
When absent check Assignment Calendar on wall for the weekday assignments you missed. This is your responsibility, not mine.
Starting in the top right corner:
Heading Your Paper
*Will be given every 2 weeks on previous and present material discussed and practiced.
*Can consist of multiple choice, short responses, and vocabulary
* Block scores ( as a class) will be posted and discussed
*Scores will be charted in Student Portfolios
When you choose a behavior that isn't safe or that doesn't support learning, it then creates a problem, and I will do something resolve the problem.
What I do depends on you, the situation, and what you are willing to do to solve the problem.
If you and I cannot solve the problem, then we will ask your parents or the principal to help.
6th grade infractions include: Each infraction will cause you to be placed on the grade level infractions strike out list.
If you obtain 7 strikes you may not participate in the upcoming 6th grade activity or field trip.
1. Warnings (NOMs)
3.Grade Level/Teacher Detention
*Student behavior explanation report/contract
7. Office Referral and Chronic Behavior Conference
All infractions will include a parent phone call
Raffles on the last day of each month
No Homework Passes
Good Behavior Referrals
No passing Notes!- I read them (out loud!!!)
No cheating!- Just admit you don’t know it and ask for help!!)
No writing on the desk!- You will clean my desk and all the teachers on the hall!
Class Entrance/Dismissal!- The bell is not the teacher!
Trash!- Pick it up! Clean your area!No one is your personal maid!
Class Managers, Graders, Material Handlers, Line Leaders!- will change Bi-Weekly
Cell Phones!- I answer them!!!
Substitutes!- Please respect them!
You might want to know that..
1. EXCELLENCE IS THE ONLY OPTION, FAILURE IS NOT!!!!!
2. IF YOU BELIEVE, YOU CAN ACHIEVE!!!!
3. CAN'T SHOULD NOT BE IN YOUR VOCABULARY- IT IS NOT EVEN A WORD!!!
4. REMEMBER THAT ______ ARE ILLEGAL!!
5. YOU WILL BE COLLEGE AND CAREER READY!!!!
1. If you can hear me.....
2. Rythmn Clap
3. Hand Raise
4. Voice Code
To ensure knowledge and skills needed for our students to be college and career ready, we have structured our Academic Pathway with a laser-like focus on three instructional priorities:
1. Critical Thinking
2. Literacy Across the Curriculum
3. Integrated Technology
THE BIG 3!!!!
The Elbert Frank Cox School of Mathematics
College of Achievement
Preparing you for College and Career Readiness!
Welcome to Mrs. Sanders Math Class!
The place where
"C's are illegal!"
Student Portfolios and Data Chart
Chart scores from any assessment
2 sections in portfolio must be completed
Complete error analysis documents
I KNOW I CAN DO IT! THIS I KNOW!
TODAY IS THE DAY I MUST BELIEVE!
ONLY AS HIGH AS I REACH, CAN I GROW,
MY FUTURE'S DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF ME!
ONLY AS FAR AS I SEEK, CAN I GO,
I KNOW I CAN DO IT! THIS I KNOW!
ONLY AS DEEP AS I LOOK, CAN I SEE,
ONLY AS MUCH AS I DREAM,, CAN I BE!