Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Ambiguity in Macbeth
Transcript of Ambiguity in Macbeth
Things are not always as they seem
The truth is often hidden
Deception is used as a tool to achieve ambitious goals.
Things are not always as they seem. People should take take to what and whom they believe in.
"And let the angel whom thou still hast served, tell thee Macduff was from hid mother's womb untimely ripped."
Macduff- V.viii. 19-20
" Fair is foul and Foul is fair"
First Witch I.i.113
ACT IV & V
"Look like th' innocent flower, but be the serpent under't"
Lady Macbeth- I.vii.76-78
"Be bloody,bold, and resolute. Laugh to scorn the power of man, for none of women born shall harm Macbeth"
Second Apparation- IV.i.90-93
"By the name of most kind hostess, and shut up in measure content"
"The must lie there. Go,carry them and smear the sleepy grooms with blood"
"Is the king stirring, worthy thane?"
"All the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand"
Lady Macbeth- VI.i.53-55
"We should have else desired your good advice (which still hath been both grave and prosperous) is't far you ride"
"Do not muse at me, my most worthy friends. i have s strange infirmity, which is nothing to those that know me"
Macbeth- III. iv. 100-105
"False face must hide what the false heart doth know"
Lady Macbeth- I.vii.95
Macbeth shall never vanquished be until Great Birnam Wood to high Dunsinane Hill shall come against him"
Third Apparition- IV.i.105-107
"I looked toward Birnam, and anon methought
The wood began to move"
Messenger (V, v , 38-39)
1. (of a person) Cause (someone) to believe something that is not true, typically in order to gain some personal advantage.
2. (of a thing) Give a mistaken impression