Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of SickKids Foundation
Hospital for Sick Children. increased survival of childhood cancers from 5% in 1970 to 75% today, a 40% reduction in Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, and raising life expectancy in cystic fibrosis from age 4 to 35. CARIBBEAN PROJECT firstname.lastname@example.org HUMANITARIAN mission: to inspire communities to invest in health and scientific advances to improve the lives of children and their families in Canada and around the world. their ULTIMATE CONCERN... we are marked by philanthropy. "Discoveries lead to recoveries." Donations have lead to...
Wait times in our Emergency Department have decreased for certain patients since renovations have taken place. Donations increase access to state-of-the-art treatments: Renovations to our image-guided therapy suites mean more children will get treatment that can reduce complications, shorten hospital stays and decrease radiation exposure.
• • Donations support lifesaving discoveries: The ‘Toronto protocol’, developed by SickKids researchers, has so far led to 100 per cent survival in children at high risk of cancer. It is now being adopted around the world • Donations lead to impact here and abroad: Cardiac fellow, Dr. Yasuhiro Kotani, is at SickKids learning from the world’s best doctors at the Labatt Family Heart Centre among 1,200 fellows and residents from around the world at the hospital this year. NO BOUNDARIES PROJECT -working with universities to train health care professionals.
. AIM: reduce childhood mortality rates. The Ghana-SickKids Paediatric Nursing Training Programme 50 nurses currently enrolled in the program. 1500 Paediatric nurses trained by 2025 Ethiopia-SickKids Paediatric Nurse Practitioner Training Programme Tanzania Neonatal Care Management Training Dylan Walters
Project Manager, Global Child Health Program
Phone: 416-813-7654 ext. 28918 Ted GarrardPresident & CEO, SickKids Foundation His Royal Highness The Duke of York
Royal Patron SickKids is working with these countries to: Train health professionals in oncology, nursing, laboratory analysis, and pharmacy; Improve outcomes by developing expanding access to diagnosis, treatment, and supportive care.