Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Assessing the Connection Between Higher Education Policy and
Transcript of Assessing the Connection Between Higher Education Policy and
The Governor's approval
The legislature's cooperation
University System Dominant over
4 Technical Institutions / No Community Colleges
The Importance of Collaboration
Implementation of Effective Fiscal Policy
by Mario C. Martinez and Michelle Nilson
1997 South Dakota
Higher Education Policy
1. Access for all qualified South Dakotans
2. enrollment in economic growth programs
3. improvement in academic performance
4. attraction and retention of qualified professionals
5. development of faculty professionals
6. collaboration among the universities
7. enhancement of current technological infrastructure
8. maintenance of current facilities and equipment
9. generation of external funds
Focus on Finance
Richardson et al.(1999) 's Grounded Framework
Participation and Collaboration
The Role of Affordability and Participation
Efficiency and Collaboration
Quality and Learning
(Contrary to Richardson et al.)
1. Unified system didn't hinder information sharing
2. Lost cost doesn't mean low participation
3. Public funding maintained the affordability
1. Was higher education performance in South Dakota tied to the state policy goals defined in 1997?
2. Did higher education reach the state policy goals by 2002?
3. Did some policy goals more effectively influence higher education performance than did others?