Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Lineage, Design, and Confines of Ambition
Transcript of Lineage, Design, and Confines of Ambition
Complete an index card with your info>
Fill out the survey by the end of class>
Tell someone in the class how fabulous or/ amazing they are> Now... You're in trouble... What I need from you? Timeline: noun
1. a linear representation of important events in the order in which they occurred.
2. a schedule; timetable. - where is the timeline busy or crowded, versus simple or blank?
- what stages is the timeline divided into?
- what are the milestone or marker events associated with these stages?
- what rests at the "center" of your timeline and life?
- do marker events involve people, events, accomplishments, etc?
- who are the important people in your life?
- is anything left out?.... events.... people?
- did you create the timeline from past to present, present to past, more "randomly"?
- how might significant others draw your timeline?
- how might the timeline be different if drawn at a different time in your life? Now think about... There was you,
and you lived life,
and stuff happened,
and it continues to happen,
and you are still here...
~Meg In the Beginning... Topic = You Know... Feel... Think... Different
perspectives What do you need from
me? First things first>>>>>>>> Perspective: 2012 High School Prom
(April 2001) (cc) image by jantik on Flickr Birth Graduation
(May 2002) Moved from Nacogdoches to Duncanville
(Fall 1993) Moved to Las Colinas
(Summer of 2002) Began at TSU
(Fall of 2004) Graduated
(December 2006) 1st person in my family to graduate college Emergency Appendectomy Went to work for my Brother's Company
(January 2007 - 2008) Cybil Injustice was born
(October 2011) School Counselor
(August 2011) Teacher
(August 2008) Messed up graduation date...
(was August, now it's December 15th, 2012) Parents Dirvorced
(1994) Got the Sister
(March 1985) (November 1983) My Nephew, Tyler was born
(August 2004) My Niece Peyton was born
(August 2008) per·spec·tive /prspktv/ Show Spelled[per-spek-tiv] Show IPA
1. a technique of depicting volumes and spatial relationships on a flat surface. Compare aerial perspective, linear perspective.
2. a picture employing this technique, especially one in which it is prominent: an architect's perspective of a house.
3. a visible scene, especially one extending to a distance; vista: a perspective on the main axis of an estate.
4. the state of existing in space before the eye: The elevations look all right, but the building's composition is a failure in perspective.
5. the state of one's ideas, the facts known to one, etc., in having a meaningful interrelationship: You have to live here a few years to see local conditions in perspective. Synonyms: angle, aspect, attitude, broad view, context, frame of reference, headset, landscape, mindset, objectivity, overview, panorama, proportion, prospect, relation, relative importance, relativity, scene, size of it, viewpoint, vista, way of looking Synonym-ology (Choose one) Main Entry: perspective [per-spek-tiv] Show IPA/prspktv/ Show Spelled Definition: view, outlook Part of Speech: noun Notes: perspective is a way of regarding situations or topics or a mental view or the state of one's ideas; prospective means concerned with or related to the future Chart the Path You've Walked... You are to create a timeline that includes the events in your life that are the most significant. Begin with your birth and end with the most recent significant event. Use the white paper and any pens/ pencils markers you want. Include as many events as you can think of. You don't have to share this out loud or even with me if you do not want but it's important you put personal events down so YOU get what you need out of this. When you are done group the events into sections. Name the sections whatever you want. Then tag the 3 most important events with the colored post its. Yo Life First & Last Name Think about your life... What events come to mind? How many multitudes of moments have you lived through... What's something you'd like to learn or get out of this class? Email Address Phone # School & Grade What is a Journey? Where you been? Whatcha name? Whatcha sign? Your Background. Your background is simply the factual information of your life.
Place of birth.
Date of birth.
Your parent's profession.
you? Now that you know... Where are you going? List
been... Those moments make up your journey.