Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Shared drives - usage and practices
Transcript of Shared drives - usage and practices
training in database use Date, author, version? YYMMDD? Initials? What if they delete the file? Complex structure = complex searching Searching Duplication Where is the truth? Structure Consistency Meta-data Naming conventions, controls, procedures Version control Audit trail? Inter-linking or locking documents How do you capture relationships? PROCEDURES RULES CONTROL TIME DISCIPLINE Folder structure and naming Access and security Maintenance and management STRUCTURE AND NAMING Key principles Name by function Keep it simple Self-explanatory and meaningful Consistent and logical Avoid abbreviations ACCESS & SECURITY Key principles Groups or teams Permissions / deleting MAINTENANCE & MANAGEMENT Key principles Deleting old records Removing duplicates Technical issues