Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Effect of Rhinoceros Extinction on Zambian Community
Transcript of The Effect of Rhinoceros Extinction on Zambian Community
- T. M. Swanson, 1994 By Allison Pfaendler Methodology Conducted preliminary research
Requested five interviews via email
Interviewed one professional hunter
Interviewed one local Zambian nurse
Analyzed international and national newspapers - Lusaka Times, Post and, Times of Zambia
Effect on Zambian Economy: Tourism Effect on Zambian Economy: Professional Hunting Overall Effect on
Zambian Society References Conclusions In conclusion, healthcare could be heightened if more money flowed from tourism due to the rhinoceros not being in threat of extinction. Society is impacted negatively a great deal through the destruction of rhinoceros. Less money is donated to towns
Hospitals cannot even afford proper equiptment for surgery
Inability to afford healthcare
Inability to afford education Another aspect of tourism
Sub-Saharan Africa has lost its appeal
Less professional hunters are saught to track animals in Zambia
Many professional hunters must move to other parts of Africa to continue work
Less revenue is generated within Zambia due to hunting Kafue National Park and South Luangwa Valley
Better economy 1. Banda, Gabriel. “Zambia, Sights on the Elephant.” Post [Lusaka, Zambia] 24 Mar. 2010: n. pag. The Post Online. Web. 8 Apr. 2010.
2. D'Elbee, Francois, and Vic Guhrs. "People and Animals of Luangwa Valley." Times of Zambia [Lusaka, Zambia] 20 Nov. 2008: n. pag. Times of Zambia. Web. 8 Apr. 2010.
3. "Employ New Strategies to Curb Wildlife Crime—Namugala." Times of Zambia [Lusaka, Zambia] 27 Jan. 2010: n. pag. Times of Zambia. Web. 10 Apr. 2010.
4. Norton, Roland. Email interview. 16 Mar. 2010.
5. Sililo, Anayawa. Email interview. 10 Apr. 2010.
6. Swanson, Timothy M. "The Economics of Extinction Revised: A Generalised Framework for the Analysis of the Problems of Endangered Species and Biodiversity Losses." Oxford Economic Papers 46 (1994): 800-821. JSTOR. Web. 11 Mar. 2010.