Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Critical Approaches to Literature
Transcript of Critical Approaches to Literature
Studies the interaction of reader with text, holding the text as incomplete until it is read.
Everything needed to analyze the work is contained within the text.
Waiting by Peggy McNally
First identify your purpose for reading.
What type of "frame" are you going to look at the story through?
Reader Response frame
New Critical frame
For example, if you read a story, then your response to the text would be your focus.
Language, literary elements, and structure... i.e form
Archetypes are figures or patterns recurring in works of the imagination (in the mind)
Archetypal characters: villain, hero, the outcast, etc..
Archetypal situations: the quest, journey, death and rebirth.
Archetypal symbols: light/dark, height/ depth