Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Allegory of the Cave/The Wizard of Oz
Transcript of Allegory of the Cave/The Wizard of Oz
Dorothy: ‘Well, I - I think that it - it wasn't enough to just want to see Uncle Henry and Auntie Em - and it's that - if I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with! Is that right?’” Socrates defines the four conditions of the soul Dorothy finds enlightenment in herself by helping the Lion, the Tin Man, and the Scarecrow find their desires Unchanging vs. Changing, What are true desires? Allegory of the Cave in "The Wizard of Oz" "Somewhere over the rainbow-Bluebirds fly-Birds fly over the rainbow- Why then, oh why can't I? -If happy little bluebirds fly- Beyond the rainbow-Why, oh why can't I?" Symbols in "Over the Rainbow":
3. Unable to cross over the Rainbow
4. The "other" side In Relation to Allegory of the Cave:
1. Other Side=Knowledge
2. Ascent=Flying over the rainbow
3. Unable to Cross=Being locked in chains
4. Birds=People who have attained knowledge Scarecrow- Oh, that's too bad. Don't you think the Wizard could help him, too?
Dorothy- I don't see why not. Why don't you come along with us? We're on our way to see the Wizard now. To get him a heart.
Tin Man-And him a brain.
Dorothy-I'm sure he could give you some courage. It is the fear inside the characters that keeps them from realizing the truth is in them as well. Darkness to Light www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP_wx0qrKu0&feature=related www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyCCJ6B2WE Dante and Augustine By : Keari Jones & Andrew Johnson http://youtu.be/XulvnXo6BJk