Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
There is / There are
Transcript of There is / There are
English Grammar Notes We use "There is" and "There are" to say that something exists or is situated somewhere. We use "There is" for singular and "There are" for plural.
(+) The contraction of "There is" is "There's".
(+) You cannot contract "There are"!
(-) The Negative contractions are:
"There's not" = "There isn't"
"There are not" = "There aren't"
(?) To form a question we place "is / are" in front of "there". There are some candles on the coffee table. There is an LCD TV set on the wall. There are some cushions on the sofa. There is a carpet on the floor. There is a carpet on the floor. Good Luck!!!