Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Sugars
Name Temp Description Usage
Thread 223-235* F The syrup drips from a spoon,
forms thin threads in water
Glacé and candied fruits
Soft ball 235-245* F The syrup easily forms a ball
while in the cold water, but flattens
Fudge and fondant
Firm ball 245-250* F The syrup is formed into a stable
ball, but loses its round shape
Hard ball 250-266* F The syrup holds its ball shape,
but remains sticky
Divinity and marshmallows
Soft crack 270-290* F The syrup will form firm but
Nougat and taffy.
Hard crack 300-310* F The syrup will crack if you
try to mold it
Brittles and lollipops
Caramel 320-350* F The sugar syrup will turn
golden at this stage