Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Micro Apartments
So how do we fit more people into cities?
First you need a Murphy Bed
Then remove your laundry
Be smart about your storage...
...and smart about your furniture
The Barcode Room Concept
A smart use of space and technology, the future of our apartments?
"Meeting the affordable housing needs of a growing population, in particular, a growing population of one and two person households" - Mayor Bloomberg
NYC Mayor Bloomberg's Experiment - adAPT NYC Competition
Challenge: To design and construct an apartment building with 23-34sq m units
Example ~28sq m floorplan
The Winner - Monadnock Development LLC, Actors Fund Housing Development Corp. and nArchitects
"My Micro NY"
- 55 units (23-34sq m)
- 10ft ceilings
- large windows
- common rooftop garden and porch with picnic tables
- communal lounge which can seat 20 people for dinner
- modular construction (pre fab)
So fitting all the functions of this 56 sq m apartment...
Into this 28 sq m apartment...
Through smart joinery, smart furnishing and smart technology
Gary Chang's 24-rooms-in-1, Hong Kong
The Living Room
The Dining Room
The Storage Room