Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Four Types of Sentences
Transcript of Four Types of Sentences
2. Where do broken hearts go?
3. Kindly give me a few minutes.
4. Yes! I am going to the zoo!
tells something about a person, thing, place or event. Take note, it usually ends with a period. Also, it makes a statement.
1. Pope Francis visited the Philippines last January 15-19, 2015.
2. Manila is the capital of the Philippines.
gives a command or makes a request. It usually ends with a period but can, under certain circumstances, end with an exclamation point.
Types of Imperative Sentence
- normally starts with please, kindly and ends with a period.
* Please lower your voice.
* Kindly stay on your seats.
- Directly giving instructions and ends with a period (sometimes ending with exclamation point).
* I need you to sit down.
asks a question. This type of sentence often begins with who, what, where, when, why, how, or do, and it ends with a question mark.
What is a Sentence?
a sentence is a word or group of words that has a complete meaning. It starts with a capital letter.
1. Jodi Picoult's books are about family issues.
is a sentence that expresses great emotion such as excitement,
surprise, happiness and anger, and
ends with an exclamation point.
make a statement to relay information or ideas. Ends with period.
issue commands or requests or they can express a desire or wish. They are punctuated with a simple period or exclamation point.
always ask a question and end in a question mark.
express strong emotion.Ends with exclamation point.
* Write at least 2 paragraphs of your best travel experience (you can choose your title) and use the 4 kinds of sentences.