Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Ancient India
There were many mountain ranges in Ancient India. Many of the workers in India were farmers, merchants, artisans, and engineers.
They also had unpaid monks. They had many other jobs too. They were Hindus and Buddhists that worshiped Buddha.
They were also monks that shaved their heads. When they were monks they lived in temples surrounded by nothing.
They would wear different robes than everybody else.
They sang hymns in all male choirs. 1. Ancient India was near the Indus Valley.
2. Ancient India was surrounded by mountain ranges. They used the mountain ranges to travel. 1. They had many cities, some of the popular capitals and cities were:
Aror: Aror was the ancient capital of Sindh, it translates to "The"
Rajapura: Rajapura was the capital of Kalinga.
Kannauj: Kannauj was a city in ancient India devoloped by the term Kanyakubja, meaning "The city of hnchbacked maidens."
Bairat: Bairat was a relatively small town a bit north of Jaipur. Works Cited "MrDonn.org - Ancient India." MrDonn.org - Ancient India. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Oct. 2012. <http://india.mrdonn.org/> "Ancient India." - Life in for Kids. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Oct. 2012. <http://www.historyforkids.org/learn/india/>. http://www.kidsdiscover.com/ancient-india-for-kids http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/historic_figures/gandhi_mohandas.shtml Ancient Web." Ancient India. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Oct. 2012. <http://ancientweb.org/explore/country/India>. 1. The Indians grew barley and corn.
2. They built temples and they also had Monasteries. 1. Ancient India was located in the South region of Asia.
2. There are five different regions in Ancient India.
3. It was in the desert region. 1. The Ancient Indians moved mostly on foot, though some of the time they rode horses, elephants, and carts. 1.They had kings, and many other officials. The officials were appointed by the king.
2. Most of the decisions were made by the king. The king also had many loyal spies. Writing What did they write? 1. They wrote Mahabhara and Ramayana which was sacred Hinduism writing.
2. They wrote on scrolls about their religious beliefs. The lower castes were not allowed to marry or sleep in real beds.
The higher castes could not marry anybody from the lower castes.
They were considered "better" then the lower classes. Art & Architecture What kind of art did they have? What kind of public works did they have? They had many temples. Some of these temples were called the Khasuraho Temples.
There were also many man made caves. They had many prehistoric stone paintings.
They had sculptures.
They had rock cut caves.
They had streets and buildings.