Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Film Analysis- "Mulan"- 1998
Transcript of Film Analysis- "Mulan"- 1998
- Cultural Difference
- Gender Difference
2. What is the director/s trying to say?
- Main Point shown through this film
GENDER THROUGH THE DIFFERENCE OF CULTURE.
4. (Some) Film Techniques used to demonstrate the idea of Difference
3. How is the audience influenced through film techniques used in this film?
- Close ups
- Mise en scene
- Montage ( in song, "I'll Make A Man Out Of You.")
Film Analysis- "Mulan"
Mulan is a 1998 Disney film directed by Tony Bancroft and Barry Cook. The story was based on the real Hua Mulan.
Mulan Training Montage
(Cultural Difference as the main point)
The use of colour in this movie is vital to the fact that cultural difference is being used. For e.g. the starting scene has a wide range of colour.
Most of the music used in this movie is loosely based on typical Chinese cultural music. Many of the instruments used in Chinese cultural music is cleverly used by Jerry Goldsmith for the music, like what we watched a few minutes ago in the montage.
These are just some of the traditional instruments used in this film. This is important because you can never hear these sort of music from anywhere else in the world!
Another factor of the cultural difference is the setting.
High and Low Angles
Mulan is a beautiful movie that describes the difference of gender and culture in many subtle ways.
Camera Shots, Angles and movie techniques, Lighting, 9/10/16, http://www.skwirk.com/p-c_s-54_u-251_t-647_c-2411/camera-shots-angles-and-movement-lighting-cinematography-and-mise-en-scene/nsw/camera-shots-angles-and-movement-lighting-cinematography-and-mise-en-scene/skills-by-text-type-film/film-overview/
empireonline.com, 9/10/16, http://www.empireonline.com/movies/mulan/review/
How to Analyse a Cinmeatic Text, 9/10/16, https://www.matrix.edu.au/film-techniques-how-to-analyse-a-cinematic-text/
Is Hua Mulan a real historical person in China history?, 9/10/16,https://www.quora.com/Is-Hua-Mulan-a-real-historical-person-in-China-history
Mulan Movie Review, 9/10/16, https://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews/mulan
Thesaurus.com | Meanings and Synonyms, 9/10/10, http://www.thesaurus.com/