Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of FLOODS
Ros, María Isabel
To leave the building.
To have a first aid kit container.
Get some bottled water.
What is a flood?
Why does it occur?
Where does it occur?
It's a worldwide natural disaster.
Most flooding occur during the beginning of spring.
Around the largest rivers.
Characteristics of floods
Depth of water
Rate of rise
What are the effects of flooding?
Disrupt public by cutting off roads and railway lines.
Telephone lines are damaged.
Disrupt normal drainage system in cities.
Damage of crops.
Drowning farm animals.
Destroying agricultural land, buildings, etc
Types of floods
A flood is an overflow of water that submerges land which is normally dry.
Tropical cyclone, tsunamis.
Higher than normal river levels.
Argentina floods: Dozens dead in La Plata and Buenos Aires
What can you do in a flood situation?
Evacuate your home.
Prepare flood kit.
Turn off your gas and electricity.
Move your family, pets, expensive belongings.
Disconnect any electrical devices.