Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Causes Of World War One
Transcript of Causes Of World War One
The Tripple Alliance
-Military Alliance between Germany, Austria-Hungary, and Italy
-Each member promised mutual support in the event of an attack by any other great power
-Great Britain, France, Russia.
-Introduced by Otto von Bismarck-the prime minister of Germany
The Rise of Nationalism
- the belief that loyalty to a person's nation and its political and economic goals comes before any other public loyalty
- a nation's goals came into conflict with the goals of one or more other nations.
The Balance of Power in Europe
- Otto von Bismarcks goal was to have a peaceful Europe, based on the balance of power.
- In 1873 he formed the League of the Three Emperors- Austria, France and Russia
-controled Eastern Europe, making sure that restive ethnic groups were kept in control.
International competition among European
- America had a surplus of crops
- mechanization and mass production allowed for more goods to be made
-caused all products' values to drop
Naval rivalry between Great Britain and Germany and the increase in size of European armies
- Germany and Great Britain fought to have the best military
- von Schlieffen Plan was created by Germany
- an arms race was carried out but did more harm than good