Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Presentation
Lecturer: Aishania Hopkins Violence against women Outline Reference List I- Introduction
IV- Reference List Definition: Introduction Adopt laws and make sure laws are implemented.
Educate and protect children from violence.
Actions of the people. Stand up against bullying and harassment actions for women.
Propaganda activities against violence of women in the mass media . Solutions
Jeevankuruvilla, 2012, "Much beyond rape", Blogspot, viewed in 4th January 2013, http://jeevankuruvilla.blogspot.com/2012/12/much-beyond-rape.html
Spa-hakuhodo, nd, ""KICK" Print Ad for Stop Violence Against Women", Coloribus, viewed in 4th January 2013, http://www.coloribus.com/adsarchive/prints/stop-violence-against-women-kick-15242905/resizes/2000/
Rudyanto Wijaya, 2009, Domestic violence victim, Coloribus, viewed in 4th January 2013, http://cutcaster.com/photo/100443219-Domestic-violence-victim/
Rudyanto Wijaya, 2009, "Injured woman terrified", Coloribus, viewed in 4th January 2013, http://cutcaster.com/photo/100443085-Injured-woman-terrified/ - Violence against women:
Committed against women.
- Identify the manifestation of violence:
- Physical violence
- Reproductive and sexual violence
- Economic Violence Figure 1: Re-produced from Socialists and democrats (2010). Figure 5: Re-produced from Jeevankuruvilla (2012) (WHO, 2012)
World Heath Organization 2012, "Violence against women", World Heath Organization, viewed in 4th January 2013, <http://www.who.int/about/en/index.html>. Causes Patriarchal, respect male and contempt female.
Weak, suffering and the economic dependence
of women support unequal treatment of men's
The communication, education and community
intervention is not strong enough.
The lack of understanding and limited knowledge
about the law in inequality between men and women. Effects Figure 2: Re-produced from Spa-hakuhodo (2012) Physical consequences
- Access to alcohol, drugs.
- Injury, pregnant disability, murder, suicide.
Reproductive health consequences
- Unwanted pregnancy, HIV, menstrual disorders etc.
Mental health consequences
- Stress, depression, panic, eating disorders.
- Affect on children's behavior. (WHO, 2012) (WHO, 2012) Figure 3 + 4: Re-produced from Cutcaster(2009) Socialists & democrats, 2010, "STOP! S&D for a directive on Violence Against Women", Socialists and democrats, viewed in 4th January 2013, http://www.socialistsanddemocrats.eu/gpes/public/detail.htm?id=133747§ion=LIB&category=PUBL&startpos=8&topicid=-1&request_locale=EN