Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Dead Frogs
The dorsal side of the frog is brown. The ventral side of the frog is light brown and pink.
There are five toes on each foot. The toes are webbed.
There are four toes on each foreleg. These toes are not webbed.
The nictitating membrane is blue. The eyeball is brownish-yellow.
The diameter of the tympanic membrane is 0.7 centimeters.
The frog's skin is slimy.
Anatomy Of The Frog's Mouth
The tongue attaches to the front of the mouth.
The Eustachian tube attaches to the inner ear.
The glottis is looser than the esophagus.
The vomarine teeth are more exposed and sharper than the maxillary teeth.
The stomach is fairly empty.
The frog is eighteen centimeters long. The small intestine is five centimeters long.
Study And Removal Of The Frog's Brain
fat bodies, liver, lungs
liver, stomach, small and large intestines
stomach, heart, liver, lungs
vomarine teeth, Eustachian tubes, tympanic membrane, esophagus, glottis, tongue
femur, tibiofibula, tarsals, metatarsals, pelvic girdle
1. The mesentery holds the coils of the small intestine together.
2. The gall bladder stores bile.
3. The lobes of the liver are the right lobe, left anterior lobe, and left posterior lobe.
4. The stomach is the the first major site of chemical digestion.
5. Eggs, sperm, urine, and wastes all empty into the cloaca.
6. The small intestine leads to the large intestine.
7. The esophagus leads to the stomach.
8. Fat bodies are yellowish structures that serve as an energy reserve.
9. The first part of the small intestine is the duodenum.
10. After the food passes through the stomach, the food enters the small intestine.
11. The peritoneum is the spiderweb like membrane that covers the organs.
12. The pyloric sphincter valve regulates the exit of partially digested food from the stomach.
13. The large intestine leads to the outside of the frog.
14. The organ found within the mesentery that stores blood is the ileum.
15. The largest organ in the body cavity is the liver.
external anatomy of the frog
fat bodies, gall bladder, large intestine
tibiofibula, femur, tarsals
kidneys, testes, bladder, cloaca
Post Lab Questions
The dorsal side is the back.
The ventral side is the underside.
The hind legs are for jumping.
The toes are found on the feet and are webbed.
The feet are attached to the legs.
The forelegs are used to hold the frog upright and maintain balance.
The eyes are for vision.
The nictitating membrane is attached to the bottom of the eye.
The tympanic membrane is used for hearing.
The tongue catches insects and brings them into the mouth.
The esophagus leads to the stomach.
The Eustachian tubes equalize pressure in the inner ear while the frog is swimming.
The femur is in the upper thigh.
The tibiofibula is in the lower part of the leg.
The tarsals and metatarsals make up the feet and toes.
The pelvic girdle is the pelvis bone.
The kidneys filter wastes from the blood.
The testes are used for reproduction in males.
The oviducts are used for reproduction in females.
The bladder stores urine.
The cloaca is where sperm, eggs, and urine exit.
The fat bodies reserve energy.
The peritoneum covers many of the organs.
The liver secretes bile.
The heart pumps blood throughout the body.
The lungs supply oxygen to the body.
The gall bladder stores bile.
The stomach is the first site of chemical digestion.
The small intestine absorbs digested nutrients.
The large intestine aids in digestion.
The spleen holds blood.
The esophagus leads to the stomach.