Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
ICT technologies Civil Engineering
Transcript of ICT technologies Civil Engineering
ICT application; civil engineering
A dynamic approach to Civil Engineering:
Utilisation of technology for a different approach to civil engineering
1. Civil Engineering as a discipline
2. Sub-types of said discipline
3. How ICT is being applied to Civil Engineering
Discipline: Civil Engineering
The oldest engineering discipline
Deals with the design, construction and maintenance of physical works
The most prominent are dams, bridges, roads and buildings
Involves usage of mathematics and physics in structural engineering
Consists of specific fields:
Structural, materials, geo-technical, transportation and construction the most common
Structural: Directing the
construction of bridges,
3D Studio Max for structure design
Powerful computers for checking dimensions and running simulations
Auto computer aided development programs for structural engineers
Reference: ''What is civil engineering?' taken from: <http://www.freeartwallpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/civil_engineering2_2013_slide_0.jpg>
Your engineering career, uploaded 2nd August, 2011, taken from <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HqumRm69f>