Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
First … What are GMOs and what do they mean?
Transcript of First … What are GMOs and what do they mean?
- In fact, many of the produce in your grocery store are a product of a traditional plant breeding.
Meaning, even when you think you're eating healthy you're putting harsh chemicals into your body!
GMO's are unhealthy
The Institute for Responsible Technology tells us that:
- The American Academy of Environmental Medicine urges doctors to prescribe non-GMO diets for all patients.
- Animal studies are showing organ damage, gastrointestinal and immune system disorders, accelerated aging, and infertility.
- Human studies are showing how genetically modified food can leave material behind inside of us, causing long-term problems.
-Numerous health problems increased after GMO’s were introduced in 1996; the percentage of Americans with three or more chronic illnesses jumped from 7% to 13% in just 9 years; food allergies increased, and disorders such as autism, reproductive disorders, and digestive problems have raised.
Risks to our environment
Evidence indicates that GE crops have increased the use of harmful herbicides, creating an overall impact on the environment.
-GM crops and their herbicides can harm birds, insects, amphibians, marine ecosystems, and soil organisms. They reduce bio-diversity, and pollute water resources.
GMOs are in nearly everything we eat, with astonishing effects.
GMOs are genetically modified organisms, they give us enormous health problems, and they disrupt not only our environment but everything in it.
Being informed about what is in your food is possibly the smartest knowledge you could provide to yourself.
What are GMOS?
(Genetically Modified Organisms) are living organisms whose genetic material has been artificially made in a laboratory through genetic engineering, or GE. This “new” science creates combinations of plant, animal, bacterial and viral genes that do NOT occur in nature or through traditional crossbreeding methods.