Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Copy of Plot Diagram
Transcript of Copy of Copy of Plot Diagram
Background of the story
Characters, setting, conflict introduced
All events that build up to the climax
Actions drive characters
The most important/critical part of the story
(usually the most exciting too!)
Decisions and actions of characters determine the outcome of the story
Events that occurs after the climax
Conflict is unraveled
Final outcome of the conflict is revealed
Loose ends are usually tied up
Marlin & Nemo are finally reunited!
Dory gets caught in a fishing net
Nemo saves Dory by 'swimming down'
Marlin learns that he has to trust & believe in his son!
Dory is saved!
Marlin, Nemo, and Dory make it back to the coral reef
Squirt goes to school with Nemo
Dory attends 'fish are friends' meetings with the sharks
Nemo gives his dad a hug before going to school
Marlin tells his son to have an adventure, because he has learned to trust him.
And the aquarium fish make it to the ocean!
Introduced to Marlin & his wife on the coral reef
Marlin's wife is killed
Marlin's eggs are all killed except one (Nemo)
Nemo's egg is damaged
Marlin is overprotective of Nemo
Nemo's first day of school
Nemo swims into the open ocean to spite his Dad and touches a boat
Nemo is taken by the scuba divers
Conflict--Nemo is captured by the scuba divers
Marlin is too protective of Nemo, because of this Nemo chooses to put himself in danger. Marlin doesn't trust anyone.
Point in the story when the conflict is introduced
Usually a specific moment
Marlin meets Dory
Marlin and Dory meet Bruce,
Chum, and Anchor the Sharks
Marlin and Dory lose the goggles and find the predator fish and the landmines
Nemo is put in the aquarium at the Dentist's office
We meet Gill, Peach, Bloat, Auntie Deb & Flo, Gurgle, Bubbles, Jacques, and Nigel
We Learn that Nemo is going to be Darla's present (the fish killer girl)
Nemo is nicknamed Shark Bait
Nemo and the aquarium fish try to make a plan for all them to escape
Marlin & Dory meet the sea turtles and end up riding the East Australian Current
Marlin's quest spreads throughout the ocean
Marlin and Dory meet a school of fish that help them with directions to Sydney
Marlin and Dory swim over the trench instead of through the trench and get stuck in a field of jellyfish.
Nemo and the aquarium fishes' plan fails, because the dentist changed the filter at night while they were sleeping
They won't be able to escape that way
Marlin and Dory get eaten by a whale. Dory saves them, because convincing Marlin to listen to her. Marlin learns he can trust Dory
A pelican eats Marlin and Dory while they are in the bay looking for the boat. Nigel helps save them, because he heard about "Nemo's Story." Nigel takes them to the dentist's office. Marlin see Nemo "playing dead" in the bag, but thinks he is really dead.
Gill helps Nemo escape by flushing him down the drain
Marlin decides to go home and Dory stays
Dory looses her memory but then meets Nemo and it comes back to her
School of Fish
Coral Reef Fish
Relationships Need Trust
Love Conquers Fear
Optimism--life happens...."just keep
Nemo's injured fin-symbolizes the death of Marlin's wife and why he is so careful, constant reminder
Marlin--symbolizes strength and unconditional love.
Dory--symbolizes optimism and true happiness
1. What is it when an object stands for an idea?
2. What is the central idea, moral, or meaning of a story?
3. What is the point of highest interest in the plot diagram?
4. What is the first part of the plot diagram? Also called the introduction.
5. What are the series of events the develop the story and conflict? This part builds suspense and have complications.
6. What is the struggle of problem called?
7. What is the part of the plot diagram where the conflict is resolved? Also called the conclusion
8. What is the part of the plot diagram where all the "loose ends are tied up?"
9. What is the specific moment the conflict in the story is introduced?
10. What is the time and place of a story called?
11. What is the complete series of events that make up a story?
CHECK FOR UNDERSTANDING
Place: Great Barrier Reef, Australia
Pull out your white boards, markers, tissues, and word banks now