Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Nicolas Bourbaki
Nicolas Bourbaki was not a real person. The name is a pseudonym for a group of mainly French mathmeticians that wrote books. And it all began in 1935.
Why that name?
The last name Bourbaki is was the same as a French general who fought in the Franco-German war in 1871.
The group's purpose was to write a rigorous textbook in analysis but soon expanded into presentations of the many branches of algebra.
The first writings started in 1939 with the first volume of "Elements of Mathematics"
René de Possel
Lie Groups and Lie Algebras
Functions of a Real Variable
Theory of Sets
They are still available today!
By: Khaleed M. and