Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Surface Area and Volume
Transcript of Surface Area and Volume
By Anna Reimer
Surface Area of A Rectangular Prism
The formula you use to find the surface area of a rectangular prism is 2(lw)+2(lh)+2(wh)
It does not matter what you use for the length, width, or height. You will still get the right answer.
Surface Area of a Cube
To find the surface area of a cube, use the formula SA=6(s )
Don't forget to square your answer
Surface Area of a Cylinder
The formula you use to find the surface area of a cylinder is
SA=2 r +2 rh
Make sure that if you get the diameter, you divide it by 2 to get the radius.
Volume of a Prism
Remember to cube your answer.
To find the surface area of a prism, use the formula
Volume of a Cylinder
Remember to label your answer.
Volume of a Pyramid
Use the formula V=1/3Bh to find the volume of a pyramid.
Find the area of the base before you multiply it by the height and 1/3.
Volume of a Cone
Use the formula V=1/3Bh to find the volume of a cone.
You need to know how to find the area of a circle to find the volume of a cone.
To find the surface area of a cylinder, you use the formula V= r h