Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Role of Women During the Han Dynasty
Transcript of Role of Women During the Han Dynasty
Ban Zhao Empress Lu Ban Zhao went against
by writing professionally. Women were considered
inferior to men in Confucian
Predict what you think
were the main roles
for women. Women were expected to attend
to duties at home and be
submissive to their husbands, uncles,
brothers and all men.
They worked hard for their
families with little
reward. Some women did have power...
- those with connections in the
court (political alliances)
- medical practitioners, shop
Political Power One of Liu Bang's widows.
Ruled for 15 years following his death.
Gained power by killing rivals
and defending herself against threats
to her power. China's first female historian
Helped complete her father's book
"History of the Former Han Dynasty"
Wrote her own book for women
"Lessons for Women" Do you think she is an exception to
the rule for women during the Han
Dynasty? urged women to obey Confucian social order and be industrious.